The Project Manager is a key position within Five Star Painting. The Project Manager will lead and have responsibility for completing painting projects. It will coordinate and guide residential and light commercial painting jobs through the scheduling and execution stages and serve as the focal point for communication among the various involved parties. He or she will service all prospective customers with the objective of meeting their painting needs and building customers for life. This position will ensure that our customers’ needs and expectations are clearly communicated and accurately documented. Develop a close working relationship with the Owner, Estimators and the painting crews to ensure all expectations set forth on the written proposal are met. Our values are focused on delivering the best painting service in the industry.
Nationally recognized. Locally owned.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure assigned project(s) are kept on schedule and within budget while meeting clients’ needs and delivering a quality project
- Plan, schedule and coordinate painting projects from “landed” to “completed” status
- Generate schedules and plans of operation for painting projects in close consultation with homeowners, architects, contractors, remodelers, renovators, and other stakeholders
- Schedule and award subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders as needed
- Manage painting subcontractor crews and keep proper ratios of crews to estimators to maintain proper flow of work
- Identify potential issues and ensure timely decisions are made
- Coordinate other trades such as drywall repair, carpentry, plaster & stucco repair, etc.
- Lead safety meetings and document as necessary
- Ensure accuracy job costing, adhere to budgets and collect customer reviews of completed work
- Guide project to completion to ensure proper close-out.
- Ability to manage and hire subcontractors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, subcontractors and clients.
- Ability to learn and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Self-motivated.
- Superb time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented, dependable, and reliable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 2 years (5 years preferred) of successful project management experience desired. Demonstrated work history of safely executing projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with quality standards.
- Budget control and job cost forecasting experience and skills.
- Experience in residential repainting. Additional experience with other project types, such as medical office building, schools, office, public sector and related facilities a plus but not required.
- Diverse expertise with a variety of building types. Prior experience with residential and light commercial construction a plus.
- A background showing alignment to the company’s culture and Code of Values.
- Receptive to general direction. Set priorities and define methods for accomplishing assigned work. Work is generally varied. Perform considerable coordination and follow through.
- Is willing and able to follow systems. Able to accept and respond to suggestions and constructive criticisms in an amicable manner.
- Operate a variety of office equipment, such as a personal computer, printer and other peripheral computer related equipment, mobile phone and calculator.
- Demeanor that is friendly and cooperative while maintaining adherence to Five Star Painting policies and procedures.
- Must present the values and ideals of Five Star Painting in appearance and action. Maintain a proper appearance as required by Five Star Painting when interacting with customers or when representing the company. Maintain your vehicle in a professional manner as required.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to multi task, possessing a “get it done” attitude.
- Perform other duties as required to ensure the success of Five Star Painting. These duties may include assignments in other job classifications.
Behind every excellent paint job, are the people who get to know the homeowner, help craft the design, improve the look and feel and even keep the project moving along. At Five Star Painting®, we’re looking for more people who can do that. With flexible hours, it doesn’t matter if you’re the stay-at-home type, or the 80-hour workweek type, there’s a place for you in an independently owned and operated Five Star Painting® franchise. Apply today.
Five Star Painting LLC is the franchisor of the Five Star Painting® franchised system. Each Five Star Painting® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Five Star Painting LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Five Star Painting LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Five Star Painting® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Five Star Painting LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Five Star Painting LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)